- A heater, a closed apparatus to burn fuel for the warming of a room.
- A device for heating food, (UK) a cooker.
- (chiefly Britain) A hothouse (heated greenhouse).
- (dated) A house or room artificially warmed or heated.
- (transitive) To heat or dry, as in a stove.
- (transitive) To keep warm, in a house or room, by artificial heat.
- simple past tense and past participle of stave.
- Although all of the mortar pargings were crazed, the effects of weathering were most apparent in the top pargings and in the top courses of the walls.